Low-Cost App to Triage Palpable Breast Lumps
About the client
One of the top Breast Cancer Research Foundation challenges the status quo to end breast cancer and improve the lives of people impacted by it to triage breast cancer.
- Needed a hand-held, low-cost ultrasound system to examine palpable breast masses for triage to serve underprivileged women in LIMC.
- To bring an AI-enabled mobile app to women in low- and middle-income countries.
- An app that can be easily used by non-radiologist health care workers to triage breast lumps.
- Artificial intelligence supported mobile App to perform triage on palpable breast masses.
- Predict BI-RADS® Score using low-resolution breast ultrasound images. AI model developed learnt subtle patterns in breast lesions to classify it as benign and/or malignant.
The GE Vscan ultrasound along with the AI support evaluated over 530 women who have a lump in the breast. The solution is going through FDA approval process currently.
Stay In the Know
Get Latest updates and industry insights every month